The Tomb of the Unknown Soldier is a monument in dedication to the services of an unknown soldier, Marine, airman or sailor and to the common memories of all soldiers, Marines, airmen and sailors killed in any war. Throughout history, many soldiers have died in wars with their remains being unidentified. The tomb is guarded 24/7 365. Even through hurricanes as a sign of respect.
These soldiers stand guard, day and night, through blistering heat and freezing cold. They stand in driving rain without flinching. It is one of the highest honors to guard the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, and there are no excuses, no rainy days. One year, a really bad hurricane swept through the coast and the soldiers were given permission to leave their post. They declined, choosing to stay and guard the tomb.
These men inspire me and have my utmost respect. Thank you.
- America: We had a war with England- ofc dumping their tea in the ocean was part of that process
- Mexico: We had a war with Spain
- Haiti: We revolted [as slaves] and fought against the French
- Brazil: We had a war with Portugal
- France: We beheaded people and sacked a really old fortress
- Scotland: We voted
- Scotland: hey it was a <i>revolutionary</i> vote
- Haiti: We decapitated our masters